Update 4.8.20: POAH Resource Website, allows you to search for reduced cost & free services being offered in the community, by zip code.
Update 3.31.20: Find resident resources by state here on the POAH Communities website
March 16, 2020
POAH Communities is responding actively to mitigate the threat that the COVID-19 virus poses to our residents, our staff, and the communities we serve. To coordinate that response across our properties, we have implemented the following plan of action. The plan consists of several key elements:
Task Force & Communications: We have created an internal COVID-19 Task Force which will manage ongoing response and coordination including:
- Communicating with residents through text messaging and emails
- Providing resource documents for property managers to distribute to residents who need to access assistance from public health department, nearest hospitals, food and household supplies, counseling services, etc.
Education: We have provided staff and residents information regarding the transmission of the virus including:
- CDC publications in relation to COVID-19 which can be found online here
- CDC information for on-site teams on how infectious diseases can spread along with OSHA’s “How to Protect Yourself in the Workplace during a Pandemic”
Site Cleaning and Hygiene: We have implemented an enhanced cleaning regime and provided methods to promote proper personal hygiene and the use of personal protective equipment including:
- Ordered hand sanitizing stations for all senior properties
- We have instructed the on-site teams to purchase and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed.
- We have developed and trained on-site teams on an enhanced property cleaning protocol to be utilized at all sites. The maintenance team is focusing on enhanced cleaning of common areas and follow proper cleaning protocol.
- We have instituted protocols for staff to stay at home if they are ill and providing for remote work from home
Social Distancing: We have provided guidelines for interactions and social distancing between our staff and residents and other members of the public including:
- Limiting close social interaction with residents and appointment-only basis in the case of emergency
- Policy for maintenance supervisors and technicians to address only emergency and safety related work orders
- Policy instructing residents to limit access to all outside visitors, except for caregiver/immediate family, health or essential service-related personnel.
- Restricting access to community rooms, computer rooms, or exercise rooms at properties until further notice.
We commit to continuing to provide our residents with timely and useful information and professional handling of all situations related to this crisis.
President & CEO