Cutler Manor Apartments
Cutler Manor is a 220-unit family housing development located south of downtown Miami in the Cutler Bay region. Built in 1970, the property had undergone some modest renovations throughout the years, but was in need of a more comprehensive renovation scope.
Cutler Manor and its sister properties owned by a nonprofit were at risk falling into disrepair and losing their affordability. POAH coordinated with HUD to complete a transfer of the properties in 2009 in the hopes of strengthening the non-profit presence in Florida.
POAH’s $4M rehabilitation included new roofs, improvement to the apartments and the building systems, a new playground and landscaping that enhanced its curb appeal.
- Prudential Mortgage Capital Company (PMCC)
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
- Florida Housing Finance Corporation (FHFC)
- Miami-Dade County, Office of Economic and Community Development (OECD)
- US Department of Housing and Community Development (HUD)
Awards and Accolades
Named one of "The 13 Most Creative Deals of 2009" by Apartment Finance Today magazine